GKN Process Engineer in Tallassee, Alabama
Country: United States
Work Location: Tallassee
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
The Quality Engineer will develop, administer and verify compliance to the business Quality Management System. They will provide specialist Quality System knowledge to ensure that the business delivers Program & Value Stream goals in compliance with customer, 3rdparty and regulatory requirements.
The Quality Engineer will develop, administer and verify compliance to the business Quality Management System. They will provide specialist Quality System knowledge to ensure that the business delivers Program & Value Stream goals in compliance with customer, 3rd party and regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline. Fiber/Polymer/Composite linked degree, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering degree with bonding or resin processing experience preferred.
• Three (3) or more years of manufacturing engineering work experience and/or training required.
• U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
• Interpret drawings and/or CAD models as required to facilitate changes to production planning prescribed by engineering change documentation
• Demonstrated ability to trace quality requirements through customer material and process specifications
• Familiarity in hand laminating, laser projection of ply placement, vacuum bagging, breather systems, autoclave curing, subassembly assembly and paint.
• Experience in creating Bills of Material and work routings within MRP system
• Review models and drawings for manufacturability
• Experience in Generating FAI reports using AS9102 rev B forms 1, 2 and 3
• Knowledge of inspection methods
• Operational knowledge of inspection gauges and tools
• Familiar with Inspection Check Lists (ICL) and Inspection Check Sheets (ICS)
• Experience in ballooning parts/notes lists
• Experience or training in areas in the manufacture of composite/metallic/carbon/fiber products or tooling desired.
• Aerostructures (metallics and/or composites) experience preferred.
• Relentless and results driven performer with a Continuous Improvement mind-set.
• Certified auditor preferered
• A dynamic individual with a high level of energy, a proactive self-starter who is confident and able to work independently.
• Proven capability to work independently in a range of different manufacturing environments.
• Superior interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
• Team worker with aptitude for mentoring and coaching.
• Demonstrates personal leadership skills; high performance behaviors, self-initiative, excellent work ethic, exercises good judgment, influencing, negotiation and collaboration.
• Airbus, Boeing, Bell Helicopter, Sikorsky experience highly desirable
• AutoCAD or simulation experience. CATIA model review preferred.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.