GKN Co-Op / Intern in Orangeburg, South Carolina
Co-Op / Intern
Country: United States
Work Location: Orangeburg
State: South Carolina
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Intern/Co-op
About The Opportunity
Description: (this is a 2 to 3 month assignment)
Will work closely with GKN management, engineering, and support teams to work on a variety of assignments which could include: process/quality improvements to improve TAKT and first pass yield, time study & data gathering, standard work development and support of Process Engineering improvement projects (lean/kaizen), facilitation, value stream capability studies.
• Follow and comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to review and comprehend written work instructions.
• Ability to complete elemental time studies in the assembly area.
• Ability to identify improvements for issues identified during the time studies.
• Maintain project records and present findings / results to management via Power Point presentation and / or submittal of records.
• Ability to take instruction and perform job activities with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate with all levels of plant personnel.
• Ability to work with excel files.
• Work Schedule 7AM to 4PM with the potential of some 5AM start times.
• Excellent time management skills.
Experience and Requirements:
• Good initiative and teamwork skills; willing to pitch in and help beyond current work scope.
• Excel and PowerPoint skills and strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate (both written and oral).
• Ability to exercise discretion, initiative and confidentiality when required.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Results oriented, able to work well in a team environment
• Education Requirements – must be currently enrolled as a student working towards an Associates, Technical or higher degree.
• Competitive pay
• Paid holidays
• Benefits (per company policy)
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.