GKN 1st Shift- Mill/Turn Operator in Newington, Connecticut
1st Shift- Mill/Turn Operator
Country: United States
Work Location: Newington
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
position is responsible for machining aerospace parts to the specifications of
the job assigned through the utilization of Mill/Turn machinery at GKN
· Operate Mill/Turn machine for the manufacturing of Rough and or Semi-finished products.
· Conduct machine set-ups for assigned work.
· Ensures correct use of inspection equipment, tooling, and preventive maintenance procedures.
· Reports unusual problems to the Supervisor/Manager.
· Capable for performing technical layouts.
· Conducts new hire training when necessary.
· Basic troubleshooting skills; such as identifying tooling issues.
· Maintains a good quality track record.
· Assisting with quality control procedures to ensure that the quality of all products meet specifications in current and subsequent operations.
· Takes on an active role in process improvement and program development if needed.
· Following all shop safety procedures, such as wearing appropriate personal protective equipment including clothing, steel toed footwear, hearing protection and eye protection.
· Responsible for machining all parts including finished products.
· All other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education:
· High School diploma or GED; Associate’s degree in Machine Technology or Machining or additional training preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
· CNC Machining experience for VTL operation and controls.
· Experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment.
· Ability to read blueprints.
· Familiarity with the use of measuring devices.
· Minimal standing and walking (1-2hrs/day).
· Ability to carry and lift weight up to 25lbs.
· Bending, squatting, reaching, pushing, and pulling required (1-2hrs.day).
· Use of hands for fine dexterity, light and strong grasping (At least 7hrs/day).
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.