GKN Technician - 287.18 (ASBU) in El Cajon, California
Technician - 287.18 (ASBU)
Country: United States
Work Location: El Cajon
Advertising End Date: 10 Nov 2018
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
Under close supervision responsibilities may include assembly, forming, finishing, material removal, inspection, rework and repair of assembly components and parts, per customer specification, maintenance of machine tools, hydraulic systems, CNC equipment, vacuum and electrical systems on equipment throughout the company. Includes, but not limited to, operation of machines, hand and power tools, gages and measuring instruments, fabrication of temporary tooling, tooling maintenance and first level maintenance.
- Identifies and evaluates patterns. Prior to removal of material determines method to remove material to meet customer specification. Removal of material by tank by media.
2) Prepares parts for the tank by painting and patching and removing all required
maskant for etch. Uses exacto knife and scale to hand layer out patterns.
3) Drilling, assembling rivets and brackets on segments and rings, trimming and paint
4) Deburrs and forms parts using expanders, hot dye presses and rolls.
5) Masks parts as required by applying tape to holes, masking first cut parts and strip
6) Strips flanges with knife, loads parts using crane and runs laser program.
7) Maintains records associated with periodic maintenance and orders
spare/replacement parts as required.
8) Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties
in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
9) Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports
the Company's overall business objectives and goals, to include
issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
10) Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the
environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and
adherence to various government regulations.
11) Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with
the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and
indirect contracting with the United States Government.
12) Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Key Responsibilities
High School diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience & Qualifications
Minimum one year related experience. Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and diagrams. Must have the ability to be certified to operate forklift. Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements. The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required. Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical
issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions.
Mental and Physical Demands
Ability to read, write and comprehend English instructions
Basic Math skills
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Lift up to 50 pounds
Withstand loud noise of a machine shop environment
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.