GKN (ARBU) Processor I -1st shift (JF) in El Cajon, California
(ARBU) Processor I -1st shift (JF)
Country: United States
Work Location: El Cajon
Advertising End Date: 14 Dec 2018
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
Responsible for preparation of all materials and/or products insuring readiness for further processing such as inspection, paint process, welding, and/or blending. Responsible for maintaining a safe work area and safe work practices.
1) Follows operating sheets to process parts using sandblast media and chemical solution.
2) Inspects parts to insure readiness for paint process and/or welding.
3) Checks all work to assure that quality standards are maintained and has adhered to all specifications and procedures involving company and customer practices.
4) Loads and unloads parts, operates forklift and overhead crane to move parts as required.
5) Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
6) Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, to include issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
7) Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
8) Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff is aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
9) Performs daily preventative maintenance of equipment in adherence with a predefined schedule.
10) Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience & Qualifications
No experience is required. Must be certified to operate forklift. Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions. Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements. The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
Mental and Physical Demands
· Ability to read, write and comprehend English instructions
· Basic Math skills
· Manual dexterity
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Lift up to 50 pounds
· Withstand loud noise of a machine shop environment
· Must be able to wear full encapsulating/air fed body suit when required.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.