GKN Project Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom
GKN Employees Only
Country: United Kingdom
Work Location: Bristol
State: Not Specified
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Temporary
About The Opportunity
This role is based in Filton, Bristol and is a secondment opportunity open only to permanent employees at GKN Filton.
The post holder will be responsible for developing, mobilising and executing a major project within the A330 Programme.
They will be accountable to the A330 Programme Manager for the successful execution of the project to meet internal and customer requirements and also the non-recurring and recurring cost, schedule and quality requirements defined within the defined business case reflected in the GKN Board Paper.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· The execution and delivery of the programme from bid to through the lifecycle of the product to certification and initial production, ensuring the timely and efficient handover to product support and to Operations for steady state production and in-service and product support
· Building a high-performing project team to deliver the project/programme.
· Being a primary interface with the Customer for aspects of the programme in areas such as Engineering and Manufacturing/Operations, including being the focal point for all pertinent information to the customer including qualification and first article activities.
· Building positive and mutually beneficial relationships with the Customer to ensure overall customer satisfaction relative to the current programme and for any possible follow on programmes
· The implementation of a robust external (Customer/Supply) and internal change process
· Ensuring resources and capability requirements are defined and working with the business units to ensure suitable deployment to the programme
· Managing risk and opportunities through robust processes and working with the appropriate business units to resolve any issues which put at risk the success of the programme.
· Ensuring standardised management, monitoring and control processes are established. This includes standardised reporting and KPIs are maintained across all work packages within the programme.
· Conducting gate and lessons learned reviews through the life of the programme, embedding good practise and addressing areas for improvement. This also includes exchanging best practice across the GKN programme teams.
· Ensuring the management of the programme adheres to GKN’s programme management, commercial and financial policies and processes.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
The ability to create bid and proposal documentation.
The ability to manage complex teams including third party suppliers
The ability to develop Project Management artefacts as part of a wider programme. These include:-
Work with Programme Scheduler to develop Integrated Master Schedule
Weekly Highlight Report
The ability to understand and present project and customer requirements in logical and achievable plans
The ability to influence and motivate teams to deliver projects in line with customer requirements and maximising GKN returns
Development of workable solutions to problems.
Adaptability, flexibility and creativity.
Strong Leadership, Influencing and Communication Skills
Be able to perform under pressure within tight timescales
Structured and organised methods of working
Strong Planning Skills
Strong business and financial acumen
An ability to think strategically in order to maximise business opportunities
Essential: Experience in manufacturing of large metallic components and customer management
Essential: Experience of managing Projects through proposal/bid phase.
Demonstrable experience in Project or Programme Management roles that required the meeting of customer requirements through the delivery of other people and teams. Will have managed projects in a technical, multi-functional environment
Experience of influencing cross functional relationships within the company and customer organisations.
Candidates should ideally have Prince 2 / PMI/PMP or equivalent Qualifications with experience of managing large project portfolios in excess of £1m NRE.
Ideally experienced in delivering high value, low & medium volume programmes within the aerospace industry
Must be experienced in Stakeholder and supplier management as well as project governance, risk and resource management.
Experience of using MS Project
Degree equivalent level of education or HND and significant further learning and development
Engineering qualifications strongly preferable
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.